In my last post I mentioned that I wanted to read more this year, so I thought it might make sense to follow up with a post about my reading list and some other goals/ thoughts.
Last year I read a total of 15 books. They were:
1. The Hobbit – J.R.R. Tolkien
10. Atlas Shrugged – Ayn Rand
25. Clockwork Princess – Cassandra Clare
30. Alanna: First Adventure – Tamora Pierce
31. In the Hand of the Goddess – Tamora Pierce
33. Heir of Fire – Sarah J. Maas
41. Eon: Dragoneye Reborn – Alison Goodman
42. Eona: The Last Dragoneye – Alison Goodman
44. King of Thorns – Mark Lawrence
45. Emperor of Thorns – Mark Lawrence
47. Lauren Ipsum – Carlos Bueno
53. Sword Art Online – Aincrad (Part 1) – Reki Kawahara
54. Sword Art Online – Aincrad (Part 2) – Reki Kawahara
57. The Heir – Kiera Cass
(not listed) Ender’s Game – Orson Scott Card
I think there are only three books there that I haven’t written posts about yet, so my first plan is to have that done by the end of February. If all goes well, I’ll have a couple more books to write about by then, too. 🙂
This year’s reading list has an unfortunate start of 54 books. While I wanted to lower the count to 40 or so, I have a long list of books to read and I don’t really want to limit my options. At the same time, I don’t really want to add to the list more than necessary, either. Hopefully I’ve caught most of the books that I’ll want to read over the coming year (adding a couple as the months go on is expected) and next year I can shorten it to something more realistic considering my schedule.
Here’s to a good start of the year; I’ll go pick up a book right now, actually.